HealthONE's Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine offers expert care for conditions such as Congenital Diapghragmatic Hernia, Congenital Pulmonary Ademomatoid Malformation, Open Neural Tube Defect or Spina Bifida and Fetal Cardiac Anomaly.
More than 20 years ago we performed the first fetal surgery in Colorado. While fetal surgery is rare, we pride ourselves on being the regional leader in innovative fetal and neonatal surgery.
Surgical procedures are performed in specially equipped pediatric operating rooms with world class capabilities for minimally invasive procedures—providing faster recovery, less chance of infection and minimally scarring for these tiny patients.
The level of expertise you can expect from our affiliated doctors and surgeons is unparalleled by anyone in the region.
Some fetal conditions we treat include:
- Amniotic band syndrome
- Bronchopulmonary sequestration of the lung
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH)
- Congenital high airway obstruction syndrome (CHAOS)
- Intrauterine transfusion (IUT)
- Lower urinary tract obstruction (LUTO)
- Mediastinal teratoma
- Neck mass
- Pulmonary agenesis
- Sacrococcygeal teratoma
- Open Nural Tube Defect ONTD such as Spina bifida/myelomeningocele
- Twin reversed arterial perfusion sequence (TRAP sequence)
- Twin-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS)
Conditions treated exclusively by RMHC:
- Congenital lung lesions including cystic adenomatoid malformation of the lung (CCAM)
- Tracheoesophageal fistula
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Abdominal wall defects
- Abdominal cysts and tumors
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Patent ductus arteriosus
- Anorectal malformations
- Duodenal atresia
For newborns (neonates) needing surgery, minimally invasive surgery can safely be performed on infants weighing as little as three pounds and has many benefits.