INTRODUCING OUR HARMONIZING MISSION, VISION, VALUES AND STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
The Continental Division of HCA has adopted a shared mission, vision, values and standards of behavior that brings out the best in us individually and collectively.
We offer these as principles for all of us to live by every day, use in all our decisions, and to guide our daily behavior.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
To bring exceptional health, to all human beings.
Integrity– Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
Compassion – Be empathetic to the needs of others and sympathize with their situation.
Accountability - Take ownership for how actions impact outcomes.
Respect – Value others and embrace diversity.
Excellence – Take personal pride in exceeding expectations.
What do we mean when we say I Care?
- Prioritize the safety of our patients, guests, colleagues, and staff above everything else.
- Advocate for patients and others regardless of my role.
- Be honest, genuine and consistent with my words and actions and keep my promises.
- Act and treat others as if I am being observed by patients, guests and colleagues at all times.
- Refrain from using electronic devices for personal use in the presence of patients and guests.
- Treat company resources as if they were my own.
- Care for our patients and treat others as if they are our family, actively listen to their needs, and make no one feel like an interruption.
- Create an environment that inspires trust, safeguards dignity, and promotes healing.
- Be nonjudgmental in my interactions with others.
- Use a positive tone, sit down when appropriate, use appropriate touch, and respond in a timely manner to patient and family needs.
- Make patients and families feel that they are included in decision-making and informed about their care. I will participate in hourly rounding, bedside shift report and completion of patient care boards.
- Stay informed about organization, facility, and department initiatives.
- Present a clean and professional image.
- Keep my workplace clean and safe; I will pick up trash, report safety hazards, and seek repair of broken items.
- Take the time and accept the responsibility to help. If I cannot personally assist, I will find someone who can.
- Arrive on time and be ready to focus on assigned duties.
- Take ownership of issues and maintain a high standard for my individual performance.
- Use open communication and AIDET in all interactions.
- Use key words at key times to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Honor individual differences, cultural beliefs and embrace the communities we serve.
- Speak respectfully of others, acknowledge the vital role each of us plays in providing care to our customers, and promote a climate of trust.
- Give honest, timely, constructive feedback and graciously accept feedback as an opportunity to improve.
- Honor commitments and meet deadlines.
- Practice safety precautions to ensure excellent patient care is provided every time as well as keeping fellow colleagues safe in the work environment.
- Value and use teamwork to provide excellent customer service.
- Seek opportunities for professional development to stay current in my field of expertise.
- Engage patients and guests in such a way that they have positive stories to share about their experience.