HealthONE StaRN Program
for New Graduate Registered Nurses
We invite new or recent graduate registered nurses to apply for a unique opportunity to receive didactic and clinical training for either ICU, Progressive Care, Medical/Telemetry, or Medical/Surgical. This program will allow new graduates to obtain specific experience through our intensive residency program and then transition to staff nurse roles within the nursing departments of HCA/HealthONE Hospitals.
With up to seven hospitals to choose from, HCA/HealthONE is a growing system that combines stability and growth. We have more training opportunities, more advancement potential, and an impressive range of benefits.
- Rose Medical Center
- Medical Center of Aurora
- Swedish Medical Center
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center
Benefits of the HealthONE StaRN Program
- Paid, hands-on training and preceptorship from exceptional nurses
- Position within HealthONE network upon successful completion of program
- Benefit eligible after successful completion of the program
- Customized coaching/onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
- Over 60 hours of high-fidelity simulation
- E-Learning customized for specific unit competencies
- ACLS certification (if required by unit)
- Basic EKG
- NIH Stroke Scale certification (if required by unit)
- Meditech training and validation
Program Schedule (full time up to 40 hours a week)
Classroom Training and Clinical Preceptorship ( up to 10 weeks for non-ICU units)
- Instructor-led classroom training / certification
- Clinical orientation on unit with preceptor
- Meditech Training
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
- Self-directed learning
- Unit-specific orientation and transition to nursing practice
- Regular development meetings between the student, the preceptor and your director
- Graduate of accredited nursing school program (prior to program start)
- Passing NCLEX results (prior to program start)
- BLS from American Heart Association (required)
- Flexibility to work both days and night shift during training (varies depending on unit)
- Flexibility to commit to a full-time RN position with HealthONE facility for two-year commitment period
Can I apply if I don’t have my degree or RN license yet?
Absolutely! The program requirements state that you only need your degree by the program start date and your passing NCLEX results prior to the program start.
How do I know which unit/facility I will be placed?
You’ll discuss your goals with a recruiter before interviewing and you'd know where you have the potential to be placed before you’re offered a slot in the program.
How does the two-year commitment work?
The two-year financial commitment begins upon successful completion of the 14-week program. The two-year commitment is for full time employment to the unit at the facility.
Can out-of-state candidates apply?
Yes. This program has been a great option for out-of-state new graduates because it transitions you to our health system in addition to transitioning you into a nursing role in the hospital setting. You'll also get the opportunity to build friendships with other new graduates.
Like us on facebook in order to receive regular updates on the application period and this program!