Quick Facts about Sky Ridge Medical Center in Lone Tree, Colorado
Location of Hospital: Sky Ridge is located on a 57-acre campus at the southwest corner of I-25 and Lincoln Avenue in Lone Tree, Douglas County, Colorado (south Denver Metro area).
Size of Hospital: 284 beds
Hospital Overview: The development of Sky Ridge Medical Center was, in significant part, the result of an outcry from both the community as well as elected officials in Douglas County, including the Douglas County Commissioners and former Senator John Evans. Until the opening of this hospital, Douglas County has been without an acute care hospital to provide for the healthcare needs of the community.
Opening Date of Hospital: August 20, 2003
Hospital Architect: Gresham Smith and Partners (Nashville, TN)
Hospital Land Planner: Civitas (Denver, CO)
Hospital Construction Management Firm: Bovis Lend Lease (Nashville, TN)
Project Developer: RidgeGate and Coventry Development Corporation (New York, NY)
- Comprehensive Spine & Total Joint Center with eleven operating suites and private entrance
- Full-range surgical suites
- Obstetrical services and Level III Nursery
- Full diagnostic and imaging services, including MRI and "64-Slice" CT
- Cardiac services, including two interventional cath labs and CardioPulmonary Center of Excellence
- Sky Ridge Cancer Center, including radiation, chemotherapy and inpatient services
- Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Center
- Helipad for AirLife
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, including Pediatric Unit, Pediatric Surgery, upcoming 24/7 Pediatric Emergency Department and pediatric specialty suite
- Endoscopy/GI Lab
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Accredited Sleep Disorders Center
- Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Wound Care Center
- Expanded Neurosciences program
Hospital Special Features
- Wireless Internet Access
- Private patient rooms
- Artwork primarily by Colorado artists to complement the environment and create a feeling of comfort and healing
- Room service (food service). Not only does this service provide greater choice to patients, but it also reduces food waste and costs
- Sky Ridge Café and outdoor patio
- Children's Playground donated by the Starlight Children's Foundation, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to fulfill wishes for sick kids
- Patient tracking to stay informed during a loved one's surgery
- Pet Partner Volunteers
We're Celebrating 15 Years!
Since its opening in 2003, Sky Ridge has grown to become a 284-bed destination hospital with a reputation for clinical excellence and world-class service. Sky Ridge offers compassionate care through patient-centered programs such as a comprehensive Cancer Center, adult and pediatric ERs, an award-winning Birth Place and a state of the art Spine and Total Joint Center. We strive to go beyond your expectations in service to you and your family. Take a look at all of the memories we've made over the last 15 years.
The Latest Technology
We have the latest technologies and equipment available. For example, cardiac services includes two interventional catheterization labs. The Cancer Center offers chemotherapy plus radiation therapy via a highly precise, 3-D radiation system. Orthopedic services include care for spine, joints and sports injuries.
Women's and children's services at Sky Ridge are extensive, too. Because this is an area with lots of families, Sky Ridge is ready. Board-certified pediatricians on staff 24 hours a day. And, our Level II trauma center, with around-the-clock emergency care and orthopedic surgeons available 24/7, is ready to meet the demands of the community.
Need a Physician? Call (303) 575-0055.