Frequently Asked Questions
I am an Osteopathic (D.O.) applicant; can I turn in COMLEX scores instead of USMLE?
We accept both COMLEX and USMLE scores.
Do you provide housing for visiting applicants?
While we cannot guarantee that we can provide housing for every applicant, we are happy to ask residents or faculty to volunteer their homes for an overnight stay.
Do you offer international rotations?
Elective rotations can potentially be arranged, depending on schedules and a resident’s academic progress.
Where do most residents live and do they buy or rent housing?
Currently approximately 1/3 of our residents purchased homes and 2/3 rent. Most live within a 5-15 mile radius of the clinic.
Do you have an application deadline?
December 31, 2020.
Do you participate in the Couples Match?
What other costs does the program cover?
- Colorado Training License Fee
- Course Certification – ACLS, ATLS, ALSO, NRP, PALS and Nexplanon
Do you provide CME money to residents?
Yes: University of Colorado CME Funds - PGYII & PGYIII Residents
Residents are employed by the University of Colorado Denver - School of Medicine
7 Fun Things for Applicants to Do In Colorado
We want you to LOVE Colorado and Swedish Family Medicine Residency as much as we do. When you visit SFMR, try to allow some to time to:
- Join us for an Applicant Dinner
- Hike the 14’ers in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Bike to a brew pub
- Enjoy the snow sports in the Rockies
- Go to Red Rocks for a concert
- Attend a professional sporting event: Denver Broncos, Colorado Rockies, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids
- Attend one of the many productions in the 10 performance spaces at the Denver Center for Performing Arts Center complex