Be informed of the hospital's complaint and grievance procedure and whom to contact to file a concern, complaint or grievance.

  • The facility will provide a fair, timely and objective review of complaints.
  • The facility will follow the Complaint and Grievance Policy and Procedure.

Note: If you have financial issues or questions, please call (866) 475-1385.

In order to improve your patient experience, it is important to provide prompt responses to your concerns.

  • Swedish Medical Center is committed to quality of care for all patients. If you have a care concern while in the hospital please contact your nurse. Often they can take care of your concerns. If that does not solve the issue ask to talk with the unit manager.
  • Our Patient Advocate is also available by calling (303) 788-6406 Mon - Fri: 7:30am - 3:00pm. During other hours the nursing supervisor is your point of contact. Any complaint not resolved while in the hospital or you contact us after discharge will be responded to in writing.
  • The Health Facilities Division of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment can be notified directly regardless of whether you first used the hospital's complaint and grievance process.

Mail: Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
Denver, CO 80222-1530
Telephone: (303) 692-2827

  • You have the right to contact the Office for Civil Rights regarding concerns about HIPAA, privacy or ADA compliance.

The Office for Civil Rights
Department of Health and Human Services
Room 1426, Federal Office Building
1961 Stout Street
Denver, CO 80294
Telephone: 1-800-368-1019

  • You may also contact The Joint Commission.

Mail: Division of Accreditation Operations, Office of Quality Monitoring
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

Telephone: (800) 994-6610
Fax: Office of Quality Monitoring (630) 792-4276

  • You may file a complaint with the Colorado Board of Medical Examiners, the State Board of Dental Examiners and the Colorado Podiatry Board if you have concerns with your physician, dental or podiatric patient care services, excluding fee disputes.