Teen mental health care in Aurora, Colorado
Along with the usual challenges of adolescence, many teens face additional obstacles and would benefit from learning new coping skills to live a healthy and balanced life. HealthONE's Behavioral Health and Wellness Center in Aurora has designed a behavioral health and wellness program for this reason, tailored specifically for adolescents who are 11 to 17 years old. It provides families a safe environment devoted to the unique mental health needs of adolescents, including flexible treatment options for those who need intensive support and evaluation by a psychiatrist.
To learn more about the Behavioral Health and Wellness Center's adolescent behavioral health services, call (844) 556-2012.
Youth behavioral health support
Our program is ideal for adolescents who:
- Are socially withdrawn or self-isolating
- Experience severe mood swings
- Have a decline in school attendance caused by sadness or anxiety
- Have difficulty expressing their feelings or may be feeling emotions intensely
- May benefit from coaching for goal achievement
- May cause harm to themselves or others
- May experience behavioral or emotional difficulties, including disorganized thoughts or coping with traumatic events
- May have recently had an inpatient psychiatric admission and need to step down to a structured support program
- May have symptoms of depression, anxiety and/or other obstacles when functioning in everyday situations
- Need support to achieve emotional stabilization
- Need to develop coping skills and learn to manage stress
Treatment options for teens
Our program offers 24/7 treatment for adolescents experiencing mental health and behavioral challenges. We individualize their treatments to include:
- An evidence-based recovery model based on cognitive behavioral therapy which focuses on changing unhelpful behaviors and improving emotional regulation.
- Behavioral health tool kits developed to help adolescents reintegrate back into the community with individualized coping skills
- Coping strategies
- Educational groups
- Family support groups
- Follow-up treatment
- Group sessions and individual therapy
- Individual and family interventions
- Loss management and relapse strategies
- Psychiatric and medication evaluation
- Social and recreational practice opportunities focused on building resiliency
The Summit Program at The Medical Center of Aurora
HealthONE's hospital, The Medical Center of Aurora, offers the Summit Program, which provides comprehensive outpatient treatment for adolescents who are 11 to 17 years old. It assists those who have acute behavioral health symptoms and co-occurring substance use disorders.
The Summit Program is designed to provide dual diagnosis treatment in a safe and supportive environment. Here, adolescents can cultivate the skills necessary to address their mental wellness and addictive behaviors.
The Summit Program includes:
- Behavioral analysis
- Case management
- Collaboration with outside providers
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Daily drug testing (rapid screening)
- Educational support
- Expressive therapies
- Extended 12-hour day or home visits
- Medication management
- Parental guidance
- Relapse prevention
- Treatment planning
When necessary, extended day programs and in-home visits may be offered to individuals who may benefit from a more intensive level of treatment.
Our clinical services team
Our physician-led, interdisciplinary treatment team uses the latest in clinical research and practices to help teens get better. Our team includes:
- Art therapists
- Behavioral analysts
- Behavioral health technicians
- Certified addiction and mental health counselors
- Discharge planners
- Licensed social workers
- Music therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Physicians and nurses
- Recreational therapists
- Staff psychiatrists and nurses
Where to find behavioral health services for adolescents
Adolescents 11 to 17 years old may participate in our inpatient program, partial hospitalization program (PHP), intensive outpatient program (IOP) and co-occurring program.
To schedule an appointment here for your adolescent, call us at (844) 556-2012.
Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
Our PHP provides an intensive, structured setting for individuals who have difficulty maintaining current daily routines due to mental health symptoms. This patient-centered treatment program provides flexible treatment options and is more supportive than outpatient therapy alone.
The program also offers treatment for individuals at The Medical Center of Aurora, Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 3:00pm.
For more information or to schedule an assessment , call (303) 360-3736.
Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
Our IOP is designed to support and maintain mental and emotional health while providing our patients with the necessary tools to achieve mental well-being in an outpatient setting. IOP empowers you in a group setting by participating in treatment during the day and returning home each afternoon.
Our IOP is appropriate for individuals struggling with:
- Crisis management
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Management of daily living skills
- Medication management
- Substance abuse
To address these mental health issues and others, IOP participants receive a wide array of structured therapy, including cognitive behavioral, dual diagnosis and trauma-informed therapies.
This program is for individuals who are physically healthy and are of no immediate risk of harm to themselves or others.
Meetings for adults take place Monday through Thursday from 3:30pm to 6:30pm at The Medical Center of Aurora.
For more information about the IOP, call (303) 360-3736.
Psychiatric outpatient clinic
If your adolescent is in need of a psychiatrist for medication management, we offer these services through our Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic. Brief therapy interventions are also offered to help them along the path to emotional and mental well-being.
Our clinic is currently scheduling appointments on: Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Our clinic’s address is:
730 Potomac St., Suite 218
Aurora, CO 80011
To make an outpatient clinic appointment, call (720) 282-8015.