Adult behavioral health care in Aurora, Colorado
We offer a comprehensive inpatient psychiatric program at HealthONE's Behavioral Health and Wellness Center in Aurora. It is designed to meet the mental and physical healthcare needs of adults between 18 and 54 years old. Every patient has the capacity to learn and use coping methods to lead a balanced life. When they participate in our inpatient or outpatient programs, we help them get there.
To learn more about the adult mental health services at the Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, call (844) 556-2012.
Our adult clinical services
Our mental wellness programs for adults can help with:
- Crisis management
- Depression and anxiety
- Development of daily living skills
- Eating disorders
- Medication assessment
- Prenatal and postpartum support
- Psychiatric symptoms that impair the social or occupational aspects of your life
- Substance use and other addictions
- Thoughts of self-injury or harm
Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
Our PHP provides an intensive, structured setting for individuals who have difficulty maintaining daily routines because of mental health conditions. It is less intensive than hospitalization while being more supportive than outpatient therapy alone and includes flexible treatment options, such as:
- Evidence-based recovery models
- Group, individual and family interventions
- Life skills practice opportunities
- Medication evaluation
- Patient-centered goal setting and treatment planning
- Psychiatric consultation
We conduct pre- and post-evaluations to determine the success of treatment interventions so ongoing treatments can be adjusted to meet your needs.
Joining the PHP
The program offers treatments for adults Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 3:00pm, so you can be home in the evening.
For more information about the PHP or to schedule an assessment, call (303) 360-3736.
Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
Our IOP is designed to support and maintain mental and emotional health while providing the tools you need to achieve mental well-being as an outpatient. It empowers you to explore individual growth and healing within a group setting through participation in treatment during the day and returning home each afternoon.
What the IOP includes
To address these mental health issues and others, IOP participants receive a wide array of structured therapy, including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy focusing on mindfulness, emotion regulation, distress tolerance and interpersonal effectiveness
- Trauma-informed therapy
- Dual-diagnosis therapy
- Interpersonal effectiveness training
- Life skills
Attending the IOP
This program is for individuals who are physically healthy and have no immediate risk of harm to themselves or others.
IOP meetings for adults take place Monday through Thursday from noon to 3:00pm at HealthONE Behavioral Health & Wellness Center.
For more information about the IOP or to schedule an assessment, call (303) 360-3736.
Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is a proven method to help adults who need help achieving mental well-being.
It's important to note that ECT is very different now compared to how it was used many decades ago. Today, a team of professionals — including a psychiatrist, an anesthesiologist and a nurse—administers ECT while the patient is under general anesthesia. Modern ECT consists of controlled, electrical currents that affect brain chemistry in a way that can improve mental health.
Who benefits from ECT
ECT is especially beneficial to patients who do not respond well to medications, who may be pregnant or who are experiencing a rapid regression into crisis. It can help:
- Patients who suffer from depression, mania or psychosis and who have not responded or only partially responded to conventional treatment, such as medications and therapy
- Patients who have had multiple hospitalizations and regress rapidly into crisis
- Patients in need of rapid, definitive response because of the severity of a psychiatric or medical condition
- Patients experiencing symptoms of catatonia
- Patients who cannot tolerate the side effects of certain medications
For more information about the ECT or to schedule an assessment, call (303) 360-3150 or fax (303) 360-3152.
Women’s behavioral health unit
To meet the unique health needs of women, we have opened Colorado’s first behavioral health unit, including an IOP and PHP, for women 18 years old and older. Here, you will find providers trained in women’s health, a staff primarily made up of women, located in an environment that promotes growth.
Schedule an assessment and consultation by calling (844) 556-2012.
Women-specific mental health and wellness
Biological, social and environmental influences can cause psychological changes that make it difficult to function at one’s best ability. In women, we find these changes in emotional well-being are:
- Biological and chemical imbalances
- Experiences of discrimination
- Experiences of domestic or sexual violence
- Feelings of guilt or shame
- Overwhelming sense of obligation to take care of family
- Societal pressures specifically placed on women, wives and mothers
- Work-related stress unique to being a woman
In these cases, our team approach that integrates the latest clinical research is specifically designed to address the kinds of challenges women face in everyday life. The goal of our program is always to use compassion and clinical excellence to help women along their personalized wellness journey.
Where to find behavioral health services for adults
Adults between 18 and 54 years old may receive the benefits of our inpatient program, partial hospitalization program, intensive outpatient program and electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).
To schedule an appointment or assessment here for adult mental health services, call (844) 556-2012.
Psychiatric outpatient clinic
Need a psychiatrist for medication management? HealthONE’s Behavioral Health Center offers immediate access through our Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic. The clinic psychiatrists offer brief therapy interventions and develop a balanced medication plan for you.
The Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic is at The Medical Center of Aurora. We are currently scheduling appointments on: Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Our outpatient clinic is located at:
730 Potomac St., Suite 218
Aurora, CO 80011
To make an outpatient appointment for an adult, call the clinic at (720) 282-8015 or fax (303) 340-9927.
Retrieving location data...