Breast health clinics in East Denver
As part of HealthONE Breast Care, The Medical Center of Aurora is committed to providing quality breast screening services and breast health care. Mammograms save lives, and Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at The Medical Center of Aurora is dedicated to the early detection of breast cancer. As with all cancers, the earlier breast cancer is detected, the more treatable it is.
For more information or to schedule a breast exam, please call (303) 360-3770.
The Medical Center of Aurora is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, which means the ACR has accredited all of our breast imaging modalities.
Breast cancer screening
Women without breast symptoms who are at an average risk for breast cancer should undergo regular breast cancer screenings according to these guidelines:
- Women in their 20s and 30s: undergo a clinical breast exam (CBE) as part of a regular health exam by a professional, preferably every three years; also conduct breast self-exams and report any changes to their physicians
- Women 40 years old and older: undergo a mammogram and CBE conducted by a health professional annually
However, you should consult your physician for screening recommendations based on your specific needs, especially if you are at an increased risk for breast cancer.
Our two breast care centers—in Aurora and Centennial—are nationally accredited and allow you to receive the most commonly required tests in one convenient setting. At each location, our breast specialists use advanced technology to provide you with screening, diagnosis and treatment procedures.
HealthONE Breast Care at The Medical Center of Aurora is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. Additionally, the ACR accredited our Centennial Hospital location for breast ultrasound.
Our women's breast care centers offer:
- 3D mammogram
- Screening and diagnostic digital mammograms
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast biopsy
- Breast cancer care center
- Breast cancer support group
- Genetic testing/counseling referrals
- Bone density testing for osteoporosis
We use digital mammography, which is considered the most accurate type of mammography if you are 50 years old or older, have dense breasts or are perimenopausal.
Digital mammograms produce images that appear on the technologist’s monitor within seconds. Additionally, the images can be enhanced on the computer to give your medical team the clearest and most accurate information possible.
We offer breast tomosynthesis (3D mammogram). A 3D mammogram offers patients a comfortable, low-dose X-ray examination that helps us screen for breast cancer with greater clarity and confidence.
This advanced breast imaging technique offers a more comprehensive image by separating tissue and reducing the overlapping of structures, capturing breast tissue with great detail.
Preparing for your mammogram
You will find information below to help you prepare for your mammogram:
- Be prepared to discuss previous mammograms, biopsies or breast treatments. New patients should bring any previous breast studies with them, if possible, to help expedite reports.
- Bring your insurance information, as well as your referring physician’s contact information.
- Choose a two-piece outfit to wear, so you only have to remove your top.
- Do not use lotion, deodorant or powder under your arms or on your breasts (it can impact the results).
- Schedule your mammogram when your breasts will be less tender, perhaps avoiding the week before your menstrual cycle.
Loading Virtual Tour
Two convenient locations
We believe every woman deserves a unique, convenient healthcare experience. That is why we offer multiple breast care center locations to serve you. At our three spa-like locations, you can relax with warm robes and healthy drinks while we provide you with expert breast care.
The Medical Center of Aurora
1444 S. Potomac St., Suite 160
Aurora, CO 80012
Monday through Thursday from 7:00am to 5:00pm
Friday from 7:00am to 4:00pm
Saturday from 7:30am to 2:00pm
Hours for walk-in screening mammograms
Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 3:30pm
14200 E. Arapahoe Road
Centennial, CO 80112
Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm, Saturday: 7:30am to noon
Main scheduling: (303) 360-3770
Nurse navigator: (303) 338-7297
Walk-in screening mammograms: Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 3:00pm
About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
As part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally trusted care with the support of a globally recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially trained nurses are available 24/7, and all calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (303) 253-3225 or chat online at askSARAHnow.
Breast health at HealthONE
From regular checkups and screenings to the latest imaging technologies and treatments, you can access all our expert breast care services at our convenient location.Learn about Breast health