Children’s behavioral health services in Aurora, Colorado
A child’s mental health plays an extremely important role in their growth and development. Children often need to be provided the tools of mindfulness and resilience to experience a healthy and balanced life. They can get this care at HealthONE's Behavioral Health and Wellness Center in Aurora. Here, our behavioral health and mental wellness program is designed just for kids (9 to 11 years old) to help them thrive and grow.
For more information about child behavioral health services at the Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, please call (844) 556-2012.
Why children may need mental health care
We provide families a safe environment devoted to the unique mental health needs of children. Our program is ideal for children who:
- Are socially withdrawn or self-isolating
- Experience severe mood swings
- Have a decline in school attendance caused by sadness or anxiety
- Have difficulty expressing their feelings or may be feeling emotions intensely
- May benefit from coaching for goal achievement
- May cause harm to themselves or others
- May experience behavioral or emotional difficulties, including disorganized thoughts or coping with traumatic events
- May have recently had an inpatient psychiatric admission and need to step down to a structured support program
- May have symptoms of depression, anxiety and/or other obstacles when functioning in everyday situations
- Need support to achieve emotional stabilization
- Need to develop coping skills and learn to manage stress
Behavioral health programs for children
We address the unique emotional needs of children to achieve mindfulness and resiliency. We do this by using a customized plan that incorporates some of the following methods:
- An evidence-based recovery model founded in cognitive behavioral therapy which focuses on changing unhelpful behaviors and improving emotional regulation
- Individual and family interventions
- Intensive group therapy addressing the developmental and social challenges of adolescents
- Psychiatric and medication evaluation
- Social and recreational practice opportunities focused on building resiliency
Our treatment options for kids
Our treatments for children may include:
- Behavioral health tool kits developed to help children adjust back into the community with individualized coping skills
- Coping strategies
- Educational groups
- Family support groups
- Group and individual therapy
- Medication assessment
Group therapy for children
Group sessions are at the core of our programming and are supplemented with both art and music therapies. We integrate this with education services, including direct instruction in on-site classrooms. Our education services team also coordinates with your child’s school to use their specific materials for an hour of instruction each day.
Our clinical services team
Our physician-led, interdisciplinary treatment team includes individual and family therapists and psychiatric nurses. They work together in a program that integrates approaches supported by the latest clinical research and practices. They work closely with other team members, such as:
- Art therapists
- Behavioral analysts
- Behavioral health technicians
- Discharge planners
- Licensed social workers
- Mental health counselors
- Music therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Physicians and nurses
- Recreational therapists
Our number one goal is to help your child learn healthy coping mechanisms, so they can find happiness and live a more balanced life.
Where to find behavioral health services for children
Children who are 9 to 11 years old may receive the benefits of our inpatient program, partial hospitalization program and intensive outpatient program.
To schedule an appointment, call (844) 556-2012.
Psychiatric outpatient clinic
If your child needs a psychiatrist to assist with medication management, we offer immediate access to our psychiatrists who can help at our Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic. Brief therapy interventions are also offered to help your child along the path to emotional and mental well-being.
Our clinic is currently scheduling appointments on: Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
The clinic is located at:
730 Potomac St., Suite 218
Aurora, CO 80011
To make an appointment at the Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic, call (720) 282-8015 or fax (303) 340-9927.
Retrieving location data...