Physical therapy programs in Uptown Denver
The rehabilitation specialists at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center are experienced in helping patients recover from injuries and illnesses. To do this, our team provides a wide range of therapies and is committed to serving patients with compassionate, high-quality care while they are at our facility.
For more information about physical therapy and rehabilitation services at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, call (303) 839-6745.
Comprehensive rehabilitation therapy
Our physical therapists are licensed healthcare providers who are experts in the examination and treatment of problems that affect the ability to move and function. They provide a complete evaluation that assesses the patient's current abilities and then create an individualized treatment plan to suit their needs and goals.
Our team also works closely with other medical specialists to coordinate the most effective and comprehensive care. This includes inpatient and outpatient specialized services for patients of all ages.
Rehabilitation services we provide
To ensure patients receive the most effective treatments for their unique conditions, we provide a variety of services, including:
- Advanced functional dry needling
- Aquatic therapy
- Endurance training
- Functional mobility training
- Gait training
- Gross motor coordination
- Hand therapy
- Home program development and instruction
- Immersion therapy for high-risk pregnancies
- Instruction in the use of assistive devices
- Pain management
- Post-concussion care
- Safety and balance training
- Speech pathology
- Strengthening and therapeutic training
- Vestibular (balance) therapy
- Wound care
- Workers’ compensation injuries
We also have a variety of specialty services for patients who need advanced care.
For patients who have had an amputation, each phase of our rehabilitation program involves teaching the patient about the options they have regarding prosthetics and how their choices will impact their future activity. We believe that empowerment for these patients results from an excellent program of education so they can make decisions for their future function and life.
As part of one of Colorado's leading cancer care facilities, we offer an Outpatient Cancer Rehabilitation Program. This includes a complete array of personalized rehabilitation services to help patients regain, maintain and enhance their lifestyles during and following cancer therapy.
Some of the program’s services include:
- Cancer exercise program, which includes a physical therapy evaluation and individualized treatment sessions
- Cognitive assessment
- Healing arts therapy, such as journaling, creative writing, coloring and bead making
- Lymphedema therapy
- Mental health support
- Nutritional counseling
- Prescriptive exercise
- Stress management
Occupational therapy helps patients who have conditions or injuries that limit their ability to do everyday tasks. Our team of licensed occupational therapists provides treatments that incorporate functional activities, therapeutic exercise and play experiences. These services may include:
- Cognitive rehabilitation as it relates to self-care
- Energy conservation and work simplification
- Enhancing fine motor skills
- Fine motor skills
- Instruction in the use of adaptive equipment
- Neonatal and developmental therapy
- Neuromuscular reeducation
- Patient and caregiver education
- Practicing activities of daily living
- Safety and home modification
- Upper extremity rehabilitation
- Visual-perception exercises
Our team leads the field in physical and occupational therapy for patients with complex, limb-threatening orthopedic conditions. We have more than 60 years of combined experience and multiple specialty certifications from the Hand Therapy Certification Commission and KinetaCore. We have also presented to international audiences and published research articles on amputee rehabilitation. We also work with emerging technology, rehabilitation and surgical techniques to offer the latest options to our patients.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at HealthONE
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Centennial Hospital
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
- Rose Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Spalding Rehabilitation Unit at P/SL
- Swedish Medical Center
- The Medical Center of Aurora