Physical therapy and rehabilitation in South Denver
At Swedish Medical Center, our rehabilitation specialists are dedicated to helping you regain function and independence lost due to trauma, an illness or a surgical procedure. Our compassionate and experienced therapy team works closely with you and your physician to provide tailored treatments and seamless care. Together, we can help you make real progress toward your recovery goals.
To learn more about the physical therapy and rehabilitation services at Swedish Medical Center, call (866) 779-3347.
Rehabilitation therapy services
Our therapy team offers expert rehabilitation services, including intensive inpatient therapy in our acute rehabilitation unit. With a multidisciplinary team, we are driven to provide a high-quality level of care and a variety of advanced treatments and resources for all our patients.
Our occupational therapists help each patient improve their ability to perform activities of daily living. Therapy may include treatments or educational programs involving:
- Energy conservation exercises
- Fine motor skill activities
- Neuromuscular reeducation
- Safety and home modification education
- Work simplification
- Visual perception exercises
Our physical therapists help each patient improve their ability to move and function independently. A patient’s physical therapy plan may include treatments such as:
- Functional mobility training
- Gross motor coordination exercises
- Instruction for assistive devices
- Muscle manipulation
- Strength training and conditioning
Speech language pathologists help patients with their speech, language, social communication skills and swallowing disorders. Speech therapists use the following to help patients with speech or swallowing difficulties:
- Cognitive communication services
- Dietary modification
- Fluency therapy
- Training for the use of assistive devices
Specialties for inpatient therapy
Some patients may need advanced care for their unique situations. To ensure patients receive this and get the most effective treatment, we also offer the following specialty services:
Acute rehabilitation unit
For patients who need advanced care, we offer a 27-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit. Here, patients receive dedicated therapy and continuing physician and nursing care to meet their goals. This unit offers a continuum of care for a variety of conditions, including trauma-related injuries and neurological conditions.
Our acute rehab unit provides:
- Individual plans based on the patient’s needs, which often includes intensive therapy for a minimum of three hours per day
- Interdisciplinary care that includes nursing as well as occupational, physical and speech and language therapies
- Physiatrists—doctors who specialize in psychological rehabilitation— who work closely with other specialty physicians to ensure continuity of care
- Treatment seven days a week for patients with a range of diagnoses, conditions, diseases and therapy needs
Our acute rehab unit location:
501 East Hampden Ave
Englewood, CO 80113
Extended cancer rehabilitation
Some patients that have been diagnosed with cancer may benefit from extended therapy outside of their hospital stays. For this, we offer a close collaboration with Oncology Rehab. This outpatient clinic works to rehabilitate patients after the various effects of cancer treatments so they can reach an optimal quality of life.
Hand therapy for burn patients
At the Burn and Reconstructive Centers of Colorado at Swedish Medical Center, our certified hand and occupational therapists provide exceptional services for patients recovering from burn injuries. Hand therapy treatments specific to burn care may include:
- Edema management
- Fabrication of custom orthotics
- Manual therapy
- Measuring custom compression garments
- Therapeutic exercises
- Wound care
Pelvic floor therapy
The Colorado Comprehensive Pelvic Floor Center at Swedish offers a full-range of therapies for patients with pelvic floor disorders. To do this, our team works with N2 Physical Therapy, which treats patients on our campus.
Swedish Medical Center and PT Solutions partner to provide outpatient physical therapy services on our Englewood campus, conveniently located near our orthopedic physician office. While a program of Swedish Medical Center, outpatient physical therapy is operated by PT Solutions, a highly respected national provider of physical therapy services. Services and specialties include physical therapy, neurological and stroke rehabilitation, post-operative rehabilitation, orthopedic and sports injuries, balance and vestibular therapy, fall prevention, concussion care, headaches and more. To make an appointment, call (303) 788-4452.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at HealthONE
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation
Retrieving location data...
Find care at these locations
- Centennial Hospital
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
- Rose Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Spalding Rehabilitation Unit at P/SL
- Swedish Medical Center
- The Medical Center of Aurora