Spine clinic in Uptown Denver
The Spine Center at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center was developed as an integrated model of spine care for all of your back, neck and spine needs. From chronic pain to advanced scoliosis, we treat the full spectrum of spine conditions.
Additionally, when you need spine surgery, we offer preoperative education, advanced technology, a renovated recovery unit and spine therapy services. Our programs and practices are designed to return you to optimal comfort and your normal activities as soon as possible.
For more information about Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center's spine care services, please call (800) 262-5462.
Our spine center's integrated model of care
We use a collaborative, all-inclusive approach to spine care, which means our spine doctors treat the complete spine to get you back to whole-body health. This is because your spine is your body’s primary support system, so keeping it healthy is the key to enjoying an active lifestyle.
Our spine surgeons, including specialists in neurological care and orthopedic care, have received extensive training from some of the best institutions around the country. These doctors collaborate with pain management experts, rehabilitation specialists, nurse practitioners and other support staff to provide comprehensive care for you.
If your condition requires spine surgery, your care and recovery takes place in our hospital's dedicated and modern spine unit.
Spine disorders and conditions we treat
Our spine specialists treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Cervical myelopathy
- Cervical stenosis
- Chronic pain
- Compression fracture
- Degenerative disc disease
- Degenerative spondylolisthesis
- Isthmic spondylolisthesis
- Herniated disc
- Lumbar stenosis
- Muscle strain
- Neck sprain and strain
- Spinal fracture
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal tumor
Spine procedures we offer
When physical therapy and noninvasive treatments do not relieve your pain or other symptoms, our spine surgeons may recommend one of the following procedures:
- Artificial disc insertion of the cervical and lumbar spine
- Correction of complex deformities
- Diagnostic and therapeutic spine injection
- Discectomy for herniated discs to treat spinal fractures
- Neuromodulation for chronic back and neck pain
- Spinal fusion, including cervical spinal fusion
Our scoliosis treatment program features board-certified orthopedic surgeons with fellowship training in pediatric orthopedics, adult orthopedics and spinal deformity surgery.
We provide treatment for various types of scoliosis, including:
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis
- Adult kyphosis
- Adult scoliosis
- Congenital kyphosis
- Congenital malformations
- Congenital scoliosis
- Infantile scoliosis
- Juvenile scoliosis
- Scheuermann's kyphosis
Preoperative spine education
We offer a spine surgery class to help you learn what to expect before, during and after your procedure. In this free class, we discuss topics like preparing for surgery, recovering from surgery and preparing your home for your return.
Spine therapy and rehabilitation
Our hospital provides inpatient and outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation services. With spine therapy, we can help you restore strength and function following a diagnosis, injury or surgery. If you could benefit from rehabilitation, our therapists will begin working with you during your hospital stay.
Spine clinic patient and visitor information
At The Spine Center, we are dedicated to making your hospital visit as convenient and comfortable as possible. From free valet parking to recovering in our new 36-bed post-surgical unit, we will do whatever we can to make your surgical experience go as smoothly as possible.
Your surgery day will begin by checking in at our conveniently located Welcome Center and surgical waiting area. While you are in surgery, your family and friends may wait in this area and enjoy our many amenities, including a flat-screen TV, comfortable couches and chairs, computers, free Wi-Fi, drinks and snacks.
Other important information
You will find additional information below to help you plan your visit to our spine clinic.
- Phone number: You can reach the post-surgical spine unit at (720) 754-7690.
- Location: The post-surgical spine unit is located on the eighth floor in Tower A.
- Visiting hours/restrictions: We do not have restrictions for visiting hours. After 8:00pm, family and visitors must enter the hospital through the emergency room (ER) entrance. (The main doors are locked.)
- Overnight stays for family: Family is welcome to stay in the patient room overnight. Please note that children are not able to stay with a patient without an additional supervising adult.
- Hotel information: Some nearby hotels offer discounted rates on lodging for our patients and their families. Please contact the hotel directly for a reservation and to confirm rates. If you have any questions, please contact our concierge at (303) 356-3783.
Spine care at HealthONE
Spine doctors, who can be orthopedists or neurosurgeons, diagnose and treat problems linked to your spine. They can help with neck and back pain as well as injuries, trauma and diseases related to the spine. You may need to see a spine specialist if you have a herniated disk, nerve damage, sciatica or chronic back pain.Learn about Spine care
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
- Rose Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Speer Blvd. Doctors' Offices
- Swedish Medical Center
- The Medical Center of Aurora