Women's health specialists in Englewood, Colorado
Swedish Medical Center’s team of OBGYNs and women's health specialists in South Denver care for women of all ages. From well-woman exams and mammograms to pregnancy and childbirth services, we provide comprehensive care at every stage of life.
For more information about Swedish Medical Center's women's care services, please call (866) 779-3347.
Women’s health conditions we treat
Our women’s health specialists diagnose and treat a variety of medical conditions affecting women, including:
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Breast cancer
- Cervical dysplasia
- Endometrial polyps
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Gynecologic cancer
- Menstrual cycle abnormalities
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Sexual dysfunction
- Toxic shock syndrome (TSS)
- Uterine fibroids
- Yeast infection
Our women’s health services
Our hospital provides complete screening, diagnostic, preventive and treatment services specific to women’s health, including:
- Advanced reproductive medicine and infertility treatments
- Breast imaging
- Childbirth classes
- Gynecologic oncology
- Perinatal resource center, including high-risk pregnancy
- Midwifery services
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Pregnancy and childbirth services
We provide a variety of breast health services, including mammography, to detect breast cancer and other breast abnormalities as early as possible.
We are able to treat many gynecologic conditions, including gynecologic cancer, with minimally invasive robotic surgery. This technology allows our doctors to perform complex procedures through just a few tiny openings, resulting in less scarring, less postoperative pain and a faster recovery.
We offer a personalized approach to surgical care to enhance your physical healing and emotional recovery, including helping you plan for your recovery at home.
Sometimes, conceiving a baby can be a challenge, but we are committed to helping you build your family. Our hospital's reproductive endocrinologists can evaluate and diagnose the factors that may be affecting your ability to conceive.
To help you reach your goal of growing your family, we also offer advanced fertility treatment options, including:
- In vitro fertilization (IVF): With IVF, your ovaries are stimulated to produce multiple eggs, which are retrieved and inseminated in a lab. The fertilized eggs are then transferred into your uterus.
- Embryo cryopreservation: This treatment involves taking hormones to increase your egg production. The eggs are extracted and frozen until you are ready to have them implanted via IVF.
- Ovulation induction: Fertility medications are used to increase egg production and thereby increase the chances of insemination.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): This treatment is used to treat sperm-related infertility and involves injecting a single sperm into an egg during IVF.
HSG is an examination of a woman’s uterus and fallopian tubes using fluoroscopy, a special form of X-ray that uses a water-soluble agent. An HSG is most commonly performed if you are having difficulty getting pregnant. It is also often used to monitor the efficacy of nonsurgical permanent birth control procedures.
Our childbirth specialists are here for you throughout your pregnancy and the birth of your child. To support you during pregnancy, we offer a range of prenatal classes to help you prepare for labor, delivery and parenthood.
When the big day comes, we'll be by your side, providing the expert care and support you need for a healthy childbirth experience. Additionally, our renovated labor and delivery unit provides soothing amenities, from labor tubs to 24/7 anesthesiology coverage.
The female pelvic floor is made up of muscles, nerves and connective tissues that support the bladder, uterus, vagina and rectum so these organs function properly. Urogynecology is a subspecialty of obstetrics and gynecology that focuses on disorders of a woman’s pelvic floor.
Pelvic floor conditions we treat
We offer multidisciplinary care for pelvic floor conditions, including:
- Chronic bladder infection
- Incontinence of stool
- Interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome)
- Overactive bladder
- Pelvic floor muscle spasms
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain
- Urinary retention
- Urinary stress incontinence
- Urgency urinary incontinence
Many factors can place you at risk for pelvic floor disorders, including childbirth, obesity, pelvic surgery, pelvic radiation therapy, genetics and heavy lifting.
Symptoms of pelvic floor disorders
Symptoms of a pelvic floor disorder may include:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Frequency of urination
- Heavy feeling or bulge in vagina or rectum
- Incomplete emptying of bladder
- Incontinence (leakage) of urine and/or stool
- Pain or muscle spasms in pelvic region
- Painful intercourse
- Painful urination
- Pressure in vagina or rectum
Treatment for pelvic floor disorders
We offer a variety of surgical and nonsurgical treatment options for pelvic floor disorders, including:
- Bladder neck suspension
- Colpocleisis (surgery to treat pelvic organ prolapse)
- Pelvic floor physical therapy
- Pubovaginal sling (sling of tissue is placed under bladder and urethra for support)
- Sacral neuromodulation
- Sacrocolpopexy (repairs pelvic organ prolapse through the abdomen)
- Tension-free vaginal tape sling (small piece of tape placed around the pubic bones under the urethra)
- Transobturator tape (permanent tape put in the vagina to sit under the urethra)
- Uterosacral or sacrospinous ligament fixation
- Vaginal cones
We offer sacral neuromodulation as a treatment option for urinary incontinence, overactive bladder and bowel control. This treatment involves implanting a device approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that sends mild electric pulses to control symptoms. This treatment is typically recommended if you have not responded well to medication or who cannot tolerate side effects.
Women's care at HealthONE
Whether you are in adolescence or menopause, seeking preventive care or treatment, your individual needs come first. Our commitment is to support you through every stage of life.Learn about Women's care
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Outpatient Imaging at North Suburban Medical Center
- Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center
- Rose Centers for Health Pearl St.
- Rose Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Speer Blvd. Doctors' Offices
- Swedish Medical Center
- The Medical Center of Aurora