Swedish Medical Center Colleague Spotlight
For more than 100 years, Swedish Medical Center has been a Hampden Avenue landmark. The community of Englewood and the surrounding areas have been turning to Swedish not only for exceptional healthcare, but also for career opportunities. The team culture at Swedish is storied and unique: Many of our colleagues were born at the hospital or have family history of employment. Below, we’d like to share a few of the stories of our amazing colleagues who we have had the privilege to work alongside and care like family.
- How long have you worked at Swedish?
- What do you love about working at Swedish?
I love that people smile at each other in the hallways. It’s a gift to work with people that are so kind and caring to each other and to our visitors and patients.
- What inspired you to pursue the career you have today?
I graduated from Regis College and was recruited to HealthOne by one of my professors. I have worked at several HealthOne hospitals but always gravitated to the Quality Department.
- Who has been the biggest influence on your career?
I had a Director early in my HealthOne career that was amazing.
- What I want people to know about my current role or department:
The Quality Department is the silent partner that ensures the patient care we deliver at SMC is effective; safe; timely; equitable; integrated; and efficient.
- What is your go-to Starbucks, Dutch Bros., or coffee cart order?
The Chocolate Mint Frappe at the Coffee Cart
- Where did you grow up and what’s your favorite thing about that place?
I am a Denver native and love the 4 seasons, the mountain rivers and lakes.
- If money weren’t a factor, what would you be doing right now?
Vacationing in the Maldives