Cardiac catheterization lab in Denver
HealthONE's hospital teams offer 24/7 cardiac catheterization laboratory (cath lab) services using the most advanced and innovative technology. We also have dedicated pre- and post-procedure units with specially trained cardiac nurses, providing patients a unique level of unified care.
For more information about HealthONE's cardiac cath labs, call (303) 575-0055.
Our cath lab teams
The teams of expert clinicians at our cath labs are experienced and highly trained to diagnose and treat cardiac conditions. Alongside our physicians are:
- Board-certified cardiac nurse practitioners
- Board-certified EP technologists (a rare designation with only 600 worldwide)
- Cardiovascular nurse navigators to help with care after cardiac procedures
- Nurses with advanced certification in cardiac and critical care nursing
Our cardiac cath lab team is able to treat all areas of cardiac diseases, such as heart arrhythmias, coronary artery diseases and pericarditis. Additionally, our innovative nonsurgical lab means our patients often recover with less pain, experience fewer side effects and can go home sooner.
Heart cath lab services
Our cardiac catheterization (cath lab) teams offer a variety of different tests and imaging procedures to help detect and treat cardiovascular disease. Procedures performed in a cath lab use catheters (thin tubes) rather than surgery to access the heart and blood vessels.
The tests we offer through our lab include:
Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- 3D mapping
- Heart biopsy
- Intravascular ultrasound
- Nitric oxide study for pulmonary hypertension
- Peripheral catheterization
- Pressure wire
- Renal percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) stent
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)
- Alcohol ablation
- Atrial fibrillation (AFib) treatment
- Atrial flutter treatment
- Atrial septal defect (ASD) repair/closure
- Convergent procedure
- Electrophysiology (EP) ablation
- Left atrial appendage closure (LAAC) device insertion
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO) repair/closure
- Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) ablation
- Tilt table tests
- Vascular surgery
- Ventricular tachycardia treatment
Coronary intervention program
A part of our nationally recognized Cardiac Alert programs, we offer interventional heart services that include:
- Biventricular leads
- Cutting balloons
- Drug-eluting stents
- High-risk coronary stenting with advanced therapies
- Implantable defibrillator (including the world's smallest pacemakers)
- Rotational atherectomy (RA)
Cardiac cath lab information
Our cath labs offer cardiac catheterizations and EP procedures on an outpatient basis. Your cardiologist will schedule your procedure ahead of time.
Prior to your test day, please contact your insurance provider to determine the amount of copay required for the procedure. Your copay is due at the time of service.
Please arrive two and a half hours prior to the start of your test and check in at the admissions desk in the main lobby on the first floor. Please be sure to bring your driver’s license, insurance card(s) and copay to admissions.
The length of your procedure will vary depending on what your cardiologist has ordered. Most procedures take approximately two hours for preparation, two hours for the procedure and four hours for recovery. If a coronary stent or balloon is required during your procedure, you may need to stay overnight.
Ablation procedures can take four to five hours and require an overnight stay.
Getting home after your procedure
All cath lab patients must have someone to drive them home. You may not drive yourself after a cath lab procedure. Please make arrangements ahead of time to have someone take you home.