Revision weight loss surgery in Denver
Weight loss surgery can be a lifesaving and life-changing tool in your effort to improve your overall health. Even so, in some cases this kind of surgery may cause unforeseen health outcomes, stop being effective or not be right for you for other reasons. If this happens, you may need "bariatric surgery revision" (also known as "revisional bariatric surgery"). HealthONE's family of hospitals can help you with this—no matter where or when you received your first bariatric surgery. Our team works closely with you to determine why the weight loss surgery was not right for you and how best to fix it.
If you want to learn more about HealthONE's services or think you may need revision for your bariatric surgery, call us at (303) 575-0055.
Reasons bariatric surgery "fails"
It is important to remember that even if your bariatric surgery fails, it is not your failure. Bariatric surgery is not right for everyone and may not work as expected for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Your type of weight loss surgery was not the best option for you. Procedures and technologies in this space are always evolving. You may have had surgery before the best method for you was developed.
- You did not have the post-surgery support needed for long-term success. After bariatric surgery, you will need educational classes as well as support groups, which you can find at HealthONE facilities.
- Technical aspects of the surgery require changes. Bariatric surgery is highly complex. Even with a trained, experienced surgical team that uses advanced technology, certain elements of your surgery may need to be changed to best suit your unique physiology.
For some patients, it may be one or more of these reasons. For others, it may never be clear why the surgery did not lead to the desired outcome. No matter the cause, our team will work with you to provide the support, guidance and, if necessary, revision surgery you need for long-term success.
Who needs bariatric surgery revision
Patients who need a bariatric surgery revision are typically experiencing one or more of the following:
- Inadequate weight loss from the procedure
- Medical complications related to the procedure
- Including symptoms such as vomiting, difficulty swallowing, reflux or gastric ulcers
- Significant weight regain after an initial period of weight loss
If possible, we will avoid surgery in favor of additional nutritional, physical and lifestyle support, helping you get the most from your weight loss surgery. However, if you think you need a bariatric surgery revision, our team will meet with you to review your needs and determine why the procedure did not result in the desired outcome.
You do not need to live with an ineffective treatment. Contact us for help by calling (303) 575-0055.
Types of bariatric surgery revisions
There are many options for patients who need additional surgery after their initial bariatric surgery. Procedures include:
- Gastric band over gastric bypass
- Gastric band to sleeve gastrectomy
- Vertical banded gastroplasty to sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric banding with plication
The Rose Center for Bariatrics
The Rose Center for Bariatrics offers one of the most experienced bariatric surgery programs in the nation. It is also designated by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery as a Bariatric Center of Excellence, for expert surgical care.
Here, our highly specialized surgeons are leaders in the field of bariatric medicine. They have helped pioneer new techniques and have performed thousands of bariatric surgeries.
In addition to this clinical excellence, our team also understands the importance of support. Our proven pre- and post-surgical programs give each patient the best possible outcomes. This means our patients see lasting results and can move ahead living their lives to the fullest.