Breast center in South Denver
Sky Ridge Medical Center's experienced, compassionate team provides expert breast health care. Additionally, we partner with the Invision Sally Jobe Breast Network to provide diagnostic 3D mammography and other breast imaging tests. This ensures we have all your breast care needs covered, whether you are visiting us for a routine mammogram or a follow-up breast exam.
To schedule a breast exam with Invision Sally Jobe at Sky Ridge Medical Center, please call (720) 493-3700.
Breast cancer screening
Early detection of breast cancer is key, and that starts with mammogram screenings and breast self-exams. Women 40 years old and older should have a mammogram and clinical breast exam conducted annually. Women between 20 and 39 years old should have a clinical breast exam conducted every three years. Because every woman is unique, we recommend talking with your doctor about the breast cancer screening strategy that is right for you.
Although there is some conflicting information concerning the value of breast self-exams, professionals emphasize it is still useful to conduct regular breast self-exams to help identify breast cancer in its early stages.
There is no "normal" or "standard" breast among women. Breasts differ in size, shape and density, and often one breast will be slightly different from its pair. Pregnancy, as well as monthly cycles, can also change the size and tenderness of your breasts. If you have any concerns, share them with your healthcare provider.
Mammograms have shown to be the best way to detect breast cancer. That is why we use advanced technology to produce accurate images and ensure the procedure is as fast and comfortable as possible.
Using low-dose X-rays, our scanner rotates around the breast and captures images from 10 to 15 angles to create a 3D image. 3D mammograms do not require any more radiation than conventional mammograms, and the breast tissue can be analyzed in "slices," similar to images from a computed tomography (CT) scan.
Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
An MRI of the breast is not a replacement for a mammogram or ultrasound. It is, however, a supplemental tool for detecting and identifying the stages of breast cancer and other breast abnormalities.
An MRI of the breast is performed to:
- Assess multiple tumor locations, especially prior to breast conservation surgery
- Assess the effect of chemotherapy
- Determine the integrity of breast implants
- Determine whether cancer detected by mammography, ultrasound or after surgical biopsy has spread further in the breast or into the chest wall
- Distinguish between scar tissue and recurrent tumors
- Evaluate abnormalities detected by mammography or ultrasound
- Identify early-stage breast cancer not detected through other means, especially in women with dense breast tissue and at high risk for the disease
- Provide additional information on a diseased breast to make treatment decisions
Your doctor will determine if you need a breast MRI, and our team will help you get it scheduled.
Mammogram center locations
Our breast imaging services are offered at two locations:
Invision Sally Jobe at Sky Ridge Medical Center
Evergreen Medical Office Building
10107 RidgeGate Parkway, Suite 110
Lone Tree, CO 80124
To schedule an exam at either location, please call (720) 493-3700.
Breast health at HealthONE
From regular checkups and screenings to the latest imaging technologies and treatments, you can access all our expert breast care services at our convenient location.Learn about Breast health
- Centennial Hospital
- Colorado Breast Care at The Medical Center of Aurora
- Green Valley Ranch Imaging
- Invision Sally Jobe at Centrum DTC
- Invision Sally Jobe at Hampden Place
- Invision Sally Jobe at P/SL
- Invision Sally Jobe at Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Invision Sally Jobe at Southwest Healthpark
- Invision Sally Jobe Golden/Lakewood
- Invision Sally Jobe in Cherry Creek
- Invision Sally Jobe Mammography in Littleton
- Invision Sally Jobe Parker
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Outpatient Imaging at North Suburban Medical Center
- Park Center Imaging
- Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
- Rose Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Solis Mammography at Rose Medical Center
- Swedish Medical Center
- The Medical Center of Aurora