Cardiovascular care in central Denver
The Heart and Vascular Center at Rose Medical Center offers experienced doctors, leading edge treatments and compassionate care for a full spectrum of cardiovascular conditions. Whether you were just diagnosed, need cardiovascular surgery or are in recovery, our team cares for you at every stage of your journey to better heart health.
For a physician referral to a cardiologist at Rose Medical Center, call (303) 320-ROSE (7673).
Heart conditions we treat
Abnormal heart rhythms
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- Atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- Heart murmur
- Chest pain
- Coronary artery disease (atherosclerosis)
- Heart attack
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart valve disease
In addition to the wide range of cardiovascular diseases we treat, we also provide education on preventive measures you can take. These will help manage your risk of heart disease by controlling factors such as high blood pressure, smoking, diabetes, obesity and cholesterol.
Cardiac treatments we offer
Rose Medical Center provides innovative treatments to ensure our patients get the care they need. For example:
- We were the first in Colorado to offer balloon angioplasty treatment for peripheral artery disease (PAD).
- Our physician team is also the only team in the Western U.S. to offer the convergent procedure, a groundbreaking procedure for patients with chronic AFib.
- We are also among the few hospitals in Colorado to offer a left atrial appendage closure (LAAC) implant. This alternative to long-term warfarin reduces AFib stroke risk and may eliminate the need for blood thinners in people with non-valvular AFib.
Leading-edge heart care
When you are a cardiac patient here, you benefit from all of the following:
- A nurse navigator to assist you with your transition of care
- Cardiac catheterization lab close to the emergency room (ER), so you can receive the treatment you need fast
- Commitment to quality outcomes
- Comprehensive vascular care
- Continuous communication with your primary care physician
- Cutting-edge treatments for treating AFib
- Expert cardiac condition diagnosis
- Leading coronary interventions
- Step-by-step preparedness for cardiovascular surgical patients
- Multidisciplinary inpatient care
- On-site cardiac rehabilitation program
- World-class Amputation Prevention Center
Specially trained heart doctors
Our physicians and care team are leading the way in heart and vascular care and can help guide you on your heart health journey. Our specialists were trained at top hospitals around the country, including the Cleveland Clinic, Harvard and the Mayo Clinic. These visionary physicians are committed to pioneering innovative treatments to meet the needs of every patient.
Cardiac Alert program
Our Cardiac Alert program saves lives. Paramedics respond to a 911 emergency call, and based on the symptoms identified, local emergency medical service (EMS) responders will launch the Cardiac Alert to signal our teams. This team consists of emergency medicine doctors, the cardiac cath lab clinicians and our expert cardiologists. They assemble and prepare to receive the patient as quickly as possible once they arrive. The second the patient arrives at our hospital, they are taken directly to the cardiac cath lab with one goal: to open up blocked arteries as quickly as possible.
The Heart and Vascular Center
Many cardiovascular conditions can be treated with minimally invasive procedures. From time to time, however, a more advanced surgical approach is necessary. The Heart and Vascular Center at Rose Medical Center provides both options. Along with our cardiology and critical care team, we will be a partner in your path to cardiac care.
Your relationship with The Heart and Vascular Center does not end after your surgery or treatment. Our dedicated on-site cardiac rehabilitation program provides individualized treatment plans for each of our cardiac patients. This program is available three days a week, with extended hours, to accommodate your schedule.
Accredited cardiovascular care
Our facility has received numerous accreditations from the American College of Cardiology for our dedication to quality and patient care. These recognitions include:
- Accredited Cardiac Cath Lab with PCI
- Accredited Atrial Fibrillation
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI
- Accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Cardiology at HealthONE
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology