Pediatric care specialists in South Denver
Having an ill or injured child can be stressful and overwhelming, and a hospital environment can seem frightening to little ones. That is why our pediatric inpatient unit offers a fun, comfortable environment equipped with the latest, kid-friendly technology. Additionally, our team—including anesthesiologists, radiologists, surgeons, nurses and techs—is specially trained and experienced in caring for kids. Together, we will help both you and your child feel at ease while they get the treatment they need.
For more information about pediatric care at Sky Ridge Medical Center, please call (720) 225-KIDZ (5439).
Our pediatric services
As a part of the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children family of care, Sky Ridge Medical Center offers its younger patients comprehensive health services in a single location. This includes the latest medical technology and some of the region’s best pediatric doctors in:
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT) care
- Cancer care
- Sleep disorders
Pediatric emergency care
When it comes to your child, you only want the best. Our Adult ER has a dedicated kid-friendly wing, open 24/7, staffed with emergency specialists prepared to treat any medical emergency.
- Access to care 24/7
- Ambulance access and private patient rooms
- “Ouchless” ER experience with pain-and anxiety-reducing techniques
- Pediatric-specific medical equipment
- Pediatric radiologists and anesthesiologists
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children multispecialty physician suite for:
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
We are always looking for ways to help make the hospital and surgical experience faster and friendlier for kids. For example, we offer rapid magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies to diagnose appendicitis and decrease radiation for children. We also provide stress-relieving techniques and tools, such as a computer tablet for children that explains treatments and offers games and shows to keep them occupied during procedures.
Minimally invasive surgery for children
As often as possible, our surgeons use minimally invasive surgical techniques. These improve our patients’ immediate and long-term results. Minimally invasive surgery uses advanced technology and techniques, allowing for smaller incisions and therefore disrupting the body less during surgery.
For the right patient, this type of surgery:
- Gives kids a chance to return to normal activity faster
- Reduces pain
- Reduces scarring
Pediatric surgery teams and resources
We have a dedicated pediatric surgical team that is recognized among the best in the world. Every day, these pioneers work to innovate and improve surgical techniques to help kids get back to their bouncing, jumping and playing even faster. They have also helped us design operating rooms that enable them to perform specialized surgeries more efficiently and recovery areas that promote healing.
Pediatric inpatient unit
Our inpatient pediatric unit is a cheerful, warm place where kids can comfortably heal after an illness, injury or surgery.
Amenities and features of our pediatric inpatient unit include:
- "Ouchless" medical techniques
- Comfortable, decorated private rooms with space for parents to spend the night
- Kid-friendly pre- and post-operative rooms
- Kid-sized medical equipment to make procedures less overwhelming
- Playroom and outdoor playground (Siblings without signs of illness are welcome to use these play facilities, with or without their sibling.)
- Ronald McDonald Family Room where families can seek respite during their child’s care
Pediatrics at HealthONE
Pediatrics is the medical care of children, this ranges from infants to adolescents. Pediatricians are specially trained to treat behavioral problems, mental health issues and diseases as they relate to children. Pediatric care includes well check-ups, vaccinations and much more.Learn about Pediatrics