Women's health services in central Denver
At Rose Medical Center, we provide high-quality, comprehensive women's care—including obstetrics, gynecology, breast care, infertility treatment and cancer care.
The Rose Center for Women’s Health is with you for every age and every stage of life. Whether you are ready to have your first Rose Baby or need preventive care, you can expect high-quality care for all of your health needs.
For a physician referral to an OBGYN or other women's health provider at Rose Medical Center, please call (303) 320-7673.
Rose Medical Center is recognized as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL).
We are also accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, which means the ACR accredited all of our breast imaging modalities.
We are also certified by the American College of Surgeons' National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
As you age, it is a good idea to add a bone density screening to your annual medical checkup. This is because women are at an increased risk for osteoporosis—a bone-thinning disease that increases the likelihood of fractures and damage to the bones—as they reach menopause.
Rose Medical Center offers the dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scan which is the gold standard bone density test for diagnosing osteoporosis. DEXA scans use a small amount of radiation to takes images of the bones in the body, which are used to determine the density of the bones.
To schedule a bone screening appointment, please call (303) 320-2568.
Some of our breast imaging services include:
- 2D screening mammography
- 3D mammography (tomosynthesis)
- Bone density testing
- Diagnostic breast ultrasound
- Diagnostic mammography
- Stereotactic biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy
Gynecologic care is a vital component of a woman's healthcare. Gynecology covers complete women's health services, including gynecologic cancer care, gynecologic surgery, urogynecology and yearly well-woman exams.
Gynecologic cancer care
A diagnosis of gynecologic cancer—which includes cervical, ovarian, uterine and vulvar cancers—can be incredibly scary, but information, support and open communication can help. Along with advanced diagnostic and treatment options, that is what we offer through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Rose Medical Center. Here, our team of women's cancer experts will walk with you through this journey.
Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
Robotic surgery is an innovative type of minimally invasive surgery. We perform more robotic gynecologic surgeries than any other hospital in Colorado. Additionally, we offer minimally invasive laparoscopic surgical techniques to patients for whom robotic surgery is not the right treatment option.
We provide the following gynecologic robotic and laparoscopic procedures:
- Colpopexy: repairs the vagina by suturing the vagina to the abdominal wall
- Excision of endometriosis: uses extreme heat to destroy or remove endometrial growths and scar tissue
- Hysterectomy: removes the uterus, sometimes to treat uterine cancer
- Myomectomy: removes uterine fibroids
- Ovarian cystectomy: removes an ovarian cyst
- Sacrocolpopexy: treats vaginal and uterine prolapse by using a piece of mesh to hold the vagina in the correct anatomical position
- Salpingo-oophorectomy: removes the ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Tubal ligation: closes the fallopian tubes as a sterilization procedure
If sneezing or laughing causes unwanted urination or if you have pelvic pain, our pelvic care team can help you get back to a worry-free lifestyle. We work with you to diagnose the cause of your symptoms and find the most effective and least invasive treatment plan.
Additionally, our specialized radiology team is one of only a few in the region to offer an advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan that clearly shows which pelvic floor areas may need treatment to resolve symptoms. This allows us to create a more precise diagnosis and treatment plan.
Pelvic conditions we treat
Our specialists treat a wide range of women's pelvic conditions, including:
- Abscess and fistula
- Fecal incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Pelvic organ prolapse (vaginal and uterine prolapse)
- Sexual dysfunction
- Apareunia (inability to perform intercourse)
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Female sexual dysfunction
- Urinary incontinence
Treatment options for pelvic conditions
Treatment for pelvic floor conditions may include:
- Anal sphincteroplasty
- Biofeedback for urinary and fecal incontinence
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Pelvic floor physical therapy
- Radiofrequency treatment for fecal incontinence
- Vaginal laser therapy
Laser treatment for vaginal health
Vaginal laser therapy delivers gentle laser energy to the vaginal wall tissue, generating new collagen, elastin and vascularization. A typical course of treatment is three procedures over 18 weeks. The treatment is much like a regular gynecologic visit, and many women experience little to no discomfort.
Benefits of this therapy include:
- Each treatment is less than five minutes.
- It is an in-office procedure.
- It requires no anesthesia.
- There are minimal side effects.
- There is no physical recovery necessary after the therapy.
Our goal in treating infertility is to use the least invasive and least disruptive treatment option.
Our infertility specialists offer a range of services, including:
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intrauterine insemination
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Ovulation induction
Additionally, our doctors are experienced in providing these specialty services:
- Egg/embryo freezing (cryopreservation)
- Fertility care for cancer patients
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
- Preimplantation genetic screening
It means something special to have a Rose Baby because our staff takes time to help each family create a safe, meaningful childbirth experience. It is the greatest privilege to play a role in your pregnancy journey and birth celebration.
Through comprehensive prenatal care for both routine and high-risk pregnancies, we are dedicated to making sure your pregnancy is a healthy one. We continue this care through labor and delivery, offering the only in-hospital natural birthing center in Colorado: The Rose Babies Birth Center. This center was designed as a home-like environment and low-intervention birthplace to support physiological birth.
For more information about Rose Medical Center's maternity services, please call Rose Babies at (303) 320-2001.
Women's behavioral health care
Our goal is to help you stay healthy—physically and mentally. That is why our family of hospitals offers specialized behavioral health services for women. Our specialists are experts in women's behavioral health care and provide a wide range of services to help you achieve maximum wellness. Whether you have postpartum depression after having a baby or need help working through a major life event, we are here for you.
Perinatal behavioral health program
Whether you’re becoming a mom for the first time or the fourth, the days and weeks during pregnancy through one year after your baby’s birth can be as overwhelming as they are joyful. At Rose Medical Center, we want to ensure you have all the information you need about the emotional changes you could experience before or after having your baby.
Depression and anxiety are common complications during and after pregnancy—but we can help. To learn more, please call (303) 320-2224.
Women of every background can develop perinatal anxiety and depression, with symptoms appearing any time during pregnancy or the first 12 months after childbirth. It can even start any time up to six months after a mom stops breastfeeding or pumping.
Symptoms of postpartum mood disorders
A woman with a postpartum mood disorder may feel sad, tearful, anxious, cranky, discouraged, worthless or alone. She also may:
- Blame herself unnecessarily when things go wrong
- Experience appetite or sleep difficulties
- Fear hurting herself or the baby
- Feel hopeless or overwhelmed by her situation
- Feel isolated from friends or family
- Feel like she is not a good mother
- Have trouble concentrating or completing routine tasks
- Lack interest in her baby or feel overly anxious about the baby's health
If left untreated, symptoms can last for years, but there are effective treatment options available. As partners in your care, we can help you be well and restore your peace of mind. The sooner you get help, the sooner you will feel like yourself again.
Outpatient perinatal behavior health counseling
We offer personalized and convenient services to effectively treat your pregnancy-related or postpartum depression or anxiety.
Our perinatal behavioral health counselors are available for one-on-one counseling for those experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of depression or anxiety (described above) or who are struggling with psychosocial stressors of any kind, such as:
- Birth trauma
- Body image concerns
- Changing family dynamics
- High-risk pregnancy or diagnosis of a pregnancy complication
- Infant/maternal bonding difficulties
- Parenting challenges
- Personal safety concerns
- Pregnancy loss
- Relationship issues
- Substance abuse
Your perinatal behavioral health counselor will provide the treatment and support you need so you feel like yourself again with newfound joy and hope.
To learn more about our perinatal behavioral health services, please call (303) 320-2224.
Inpatient emotional support
Our team of perinatal behavioral health therapists is available to visit any patient during their hospital stay. Our therapists can provide a brief emotional well-being check in or address larger mental health concerns where follow-up support after discharge may be recommended.
Rose Babies support groups and social meetup groups
Sometimes, you just need to feel less alone. We offer various group options during the prenatal and postpartum period to create community around the highs and lows of pregnancy and early motherhood.
- Bedrest Sisterhood Support Group (for antepartum patients in the hospital)
- NICU Families Support Group
- Rose Mamas Circles (due date-based social meetup groups)
- Becoming Dads online community
To learn more, please call (303) 320-2001.
Women's care at HealthONE
Whether you are in adolescence or menopause, seeking preventive care or treatment, your individual needs come first. Our commitment is to support you through every stage of life.Learn about Women's care
- Centennial Hospital
- Colorado Complete Health for Women
- Esprit Ob/Gyn Center – Centennial
- Esprit Ob/Gyn Center – Parker
- Metropolitan Ob/Gyn - West Highlands
- Midtown Obstetrics and Gynecology
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Outpatient Imaging at North Suburban Medical Center
- Premier Integrated OBGYN – South Pearl
- Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
- Rose Centers for Health Pearl St.
- Rose Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Speer Blvd. Doctors' Offices
- Swedish Medical Center
- The Medical Center of Aurora
- Women’s Care of Colorado